Friday, November 7, 2008

Hair Grease

I have a good new combo of hair grease that's the best thing I've found in a while - When I was staying in Brooklyn back in May, I picked up a jar of some stuff called Nature's Blessings from a pharmacy, this stuff is a very light pomade, green in color, smells good and makes pretty good shine. Last week I decided to pick up a tub of Brylcreem since I keep hearing about what good shine it makes, well now I put some of that Nature's blessings through and then top it off with a dose of Brylcreem and that combo make the best shine I've ever had - course it makes a damn mess of your pillowcase at night, but at least the Nature's Blessings jar says it's good for your skin too so I guess you really do get some beauty rest while your head is getting coated in that junk in your sleep. I got on the hunt for movie star shiny hair after I got rid of my old preacher's hat along with my black suits, when you wear a hat you have to wear real heavy pomade or you get a big damn mess all over the place, you still get a mess anyway but not as bad if the pomade is a heavy one, the problem is those heavy pomades don't shine that good. Now after 10 years of slicking it back, my hair doesn't need heavy stuff to lay flat so this light stuff is real good, The Murray's super light is a good one too, and the Sweet Georgia Brown in the red can, Royal Crown is another real light one (they don't sell it in Australia), Elvis used it, I've gone off the ones with the real strong smell though, there's another called Murray's Hair-Glo that I ain't tried yet. But for now the Nature's Blessings is the one I like the best, it has a long list of herbal ingedients which make it seem healthier than these old-time ones that just contain: Petrolatum, Fragrance.

No comments: